FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE No. 3138
Technologies and products for safer and more convenient transportation in smart mobility era
TOKYO, October 18, 2017 - Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) announced today that it will exhibit a range of cutting-edge technologies and products, including its EMIRAI4 driving-assistance concept car for clean, comfortable, accident-free and personalized smart mobility, at 45th Tokyo Motor Show 2017, which will take place at the Tokyo Big Sight exhibition complex from October 27 to November 5. Mitsubishi Electric's exhibits will be located at Booth No. E5201 in East Hall 5.
- A video will present Mitsubishi Electric's vision of transportation in the era of smart mobility, which incorporates advanced technologies from three fields: "electrification" to support sustainable, low-carbon societies; "autonomous driving" for safer, more convenient driving through self-sensing and network-based driving technologies; and "connected" to provide riders connectivity for more comfortable and enjoyable rides under its concept of "Feel the EMIRAI"
- The exhibitions will introduce the EMIRAI4 smart-mobility concept car featuring next-generation driving-assistance technologies, such as the latest human machine interface (HMI) technology for safer, more comfortable interiors, a driver-monitoring system with wide-angle camera for safer driving, and a light-based indicator to intuitively warn other vehicles and pedestrians of the car's movements, such as an opening door.
- Mitsubishi Electric will display next-generation electrification systems, including a crankshaft-integrated starter-generator system for 48V mild-hybrid vehicles that uses an inverter to control the electric motor.
Autonomous Driving Zone
- This zone will showcase the xAUTO autonomous-driving vehicle, which is undergoing field testing on actual expressways.
- A demonstration video will introduce driving tests that are being conducted on public roads to confirm Mitsubishi Electric's self-sensing and network-based driving technologies.
- An augmented-reality display will present a variety of products incorporated in the xAUTO autonomous-driving vehicle.
- The zone will also showcase high-accuracy 3D mapping technologies and products.
- A variety of driver-support technologies, such as a next-generation car navigation system using AI, will also be on display at the Mitsubishi Electric booth at 45th Tokyo Motor Show 2017.
Note that the releases are accurate at the time of publication but may be subject to change without notice.