We believe it is necessary to reimagine the way we think of future societies. That is why we have diagnosed various social changes and issues expected in the future.
What are they? Here are some examples of the possible problems:
- Increasing pollution in emerging countries.
- Environmental deterioration in urban areas.
- Intensification of natural disasters leading to increasing economic loss worldwide.
- Dissemination of a circular economy.
- Damage to the environment due to tourism.
- Impact of biodiversity destruction on primary industries.
These are all important points to take into consideration when planning future environmental activities for any socially responsible global company. They were the basis for the overall structure of Mitsubishi Electric’s Environmental Sustainability Vision 2050.